So in a few weeks, I will be turning 39! Whoop! Whoop! Yes, I am looking great for 39, almost 40!
Reading my fellow blogger, I am V., 20 Life Lessons, so I was inspired to create my own life lessons (39 to be exact). I could come up with more easily but I will add to them each year.
So here goes! I hope you enjoy!
- Always put God first! It has taken me a long time to understand this. I had a solid foundation as a child but didn’t understand my relationship with God was/is essential.
- Never GIVE UP! No matter how bleak it may seem, there is a PEAK!
- BE U!!! Be who YOU ARE! It may take years of finding yourself, loving yourself, but NEVER let someone define who you are!
- It’s OKAY if you don’t have it all together!
- As a mother, I learned that I have to love my children differently. They each have their own personality which means they have their own “LOVE” personality.
- My mantra, “Life may not go as you planned, but LIFE is worth LIVING.” At one point in my life, it wasn’t worth living. I popped some Tylenol PM and drank a couple of double deuces and laid down. It was a wrap for me, but, GOD had a different plan.Find your purpose! This is the reason that you are HERE! This is the reason that you live and breathe. God has equipped you with the vision.
- Everyone has a cheer leading section. Find those who are applauding for you and keep them close!
- Know your ROLE! Sometimes you have to sit on the bench and it will be okay. Mano Ginobli is great at being the 6th man.
- LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE!
- Don’t let them see you as a stereotype! Cultivate who you are.
- Know when to be “Gangsta” and “Professional”.
- SILENCE is GOLDEN! Everything doesn’t deserve a response.
- Pick your battles.
- Wine keeps me SANE!
- Laugh until you pee!
- Cry until the tears stop on their own.
- Live like there is no tomorrow.
- Make time for yourself.
- Peace of mind outweighs everything.
- Try. Try Hard! No one can say that you didn’t try.
- Say SOMETHING! Let them know how you feel. It doesn’t matter whether they like it or not.
- Give from the HEART! Don’t expect anything in return.
- It is okay to say “NO”. Learned the hard way. I was a “yes” girl, always wanting make sure everyone was alright.
- NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
- Remember Character is everything.
- First impressions are lasting impressions!
- Keep your word…I have lost this many a times.
- I tell my children, give better than your best.
- Follow your DREAMS/VISIONS no matter what!
- Spend as much time with the people you love.
- Haters are your driving force!
- FORGIVE, FORGIVE, FORGIVE!!!!
- Success is how high you bounce when you have hit rock bottom!
- Keep it simple! I like SIMPLE!
- Make FAMILY a PRIORITY!
- Be PASSIONATE about something!
- Be with someone who makes you laugh, who will wipe away your tears, and always be there for you.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated!
KARMA is _____! She is wearing 6 inch stilettos and is ready to walk all over you. What you put out in the UNIVERSE, you will get in return!
Happy Birthday to ME!!!! Happy Reading! What are some life lessons that you have learned? How have they shaped your life?
Disclaimer: I do not own any of these images. I got them from google search.