So in a month and some change, I will be the BIG 40!
At one point in my life, I never thought that I would make it to my 30’s and now I pressing my way to the fabulous 40’s. Often I would hear so many people say in a dreadful voice, “I am about to turn 40.” Now I hear “I am glad I have made it to 40.”
Last year, I made a list entitled, “38 and ticking”, so now I am 39 and counting down to my 40th celebration of LIFE and I am fine with that.
Since last year, I have lost some family members, rekindled my love for God, becoming financially fit, working on being healthy, and just being a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend.
So often, I have not reflected on the important things in my life, I just existed and did what I thought was the best thing to do, for the sake of others and not myself. I am still learning and growing at this ripe age of 40 but I know it is for the better.
Things that I have learned!
- CHEER for YOURSELF. You do not need a group or an audience to let you know that you are doing great. Just a few will do, my little family does that for me.
- You are not going to be LIKED or LOVED by everyone. As long as you LOVE yourself and you have a few who always show you LOVE, then those are the ones that you FOCUS on.
- NEVER became so distracted that you miss what/who you NEED! Keep your eyes on the REWARD!
- GET RID OF THOSE EXPECTATIONS!!!!!! Thanks @KEGarland.
- DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO STEAL YOUR JOY!!!
- Most importantly—BE U! The REAL U is better than THE FAKE U anyday!
Life begin when YOU make the changes that are needed to make YOU HAPPY!
©Life may not go as you planned, but Life is worth LIVING!-Alitha Hawkins